- Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Serves 8
- V Vegetarian
The next time you’re wondering what to do with the leftover chutney from your Friday-night ‘fakeaway’, try these deliciously decadent Ruby Red Chocolate Brownies. The secret ingredient is our Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney which gives a hint of tangy spice. Once mastered, you can experiment with your choice of chutney from classic mango to spicy mango and chilli.
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 120g Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
- 150g butter
- 80g plain flour
- 20g dark cocoa powder
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- Beetroot powder for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 185C / 165C fan / gas mark 4.
- Line a 20 cm by 20 cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once melted, add the butter and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature and then stir in the chutney.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 3 eggs with the caster sugar until smooth and thick.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder into the mixture and fold in.
- Add half the milk chocolate chips and gently mix to distribute evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownie to cool in the tin.
- Once cooled, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the desired number of brownies
How We Decorate Ours
For a really stunning finish, sprinkle with the beetroot powder and decorate with edible flower petals and a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds.
And, if you’re feeling especially adventurous, introduce some real spice with chocolate-dipped chillis. Melt your choice of chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave. Holding the chilli by the stem, dip into the chocolate, allow the excess to drip off and place on greaseproof paper to set.