- Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Serves 2
The deep, ruby-red pomegranate is native to a region from modern-day Iran to northern India where its slightly sweet, slightly tangy flavour lends itself to a wide variety of recipes. It’s believed to have natural healing properties too, which means it’s often used as an ingredient in Ayurvedic traditional medicines.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2-4 tbsp Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
- Handful fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 small spring onion, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4
- In a cast iron or oven-proof pan, sauté the salmon fillets skin side down in a little vegetable oil until crisp.
- Glaze the top of each salmon fillet with the chutney and transfer the pan to the oven
- Bake in the oven for 8 -10 minutes taking care to check the glaze doesn’t burn.
- Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and spring onion
How We Serve Ours
Allow the ruby-red pomegranate seeds to really shine by serving the salmon with basmati rice and steamed broccoli. Add a little chopped red chilli for extra colour and spicy heat. Beautiful!