- Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Serves 2-4
- V Vegetarian
The sweetness of the vegetables and Geeta’s Pomegranate Mango Chutney are tempered with a little chilli heat and the nutty, more bitter flavour of the cumin and peppery rocket. Serve as an accompaniment with a lamb roast, with slices of roast lamb for a lighter meal or simply sprinkle over with feta cheese for a more summery feel.
• 4 medium beetroots, peeled and cut into wedges
• 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 5cm cubes
• 2 banana shallots, peeled and halved
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• Handful fresh rocket
1. Heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4.
2. Arrange the beetroot, carrots and shallots in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for around 40 mins – the beetroot and carrots should still feel slightly firm
4. Remove from the oven, drizzle with more olive oil, spoon over the chutney, honey and red wine vinegar and mix together well
Here's How We Serve Ours
Garnish simply with fresh rocket leaves.