For the brownies
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 120g Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
- 150g butter
- 80g plain flour
- 20g dark cocoa powder
- 50g milk chocolate chips
For the icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g softened butter
- 100g Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
For the brownies
- Pre-heat the oven to 185C / 165C fan / gas mark 4.
- Line a 20 cm by 20 cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once melted, add the butter and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature and then stir in the chutney.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 3 eggs with the caster sugar until smooth and thick.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder into the mixture and fold in.
- Add half the milk chocolate chips and gently mix to distribute evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownie to cool before removing it from the tin.
For the Icing
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together in a blender, until soft and light.
- Add the chutney and continue to mix until blended and smooth.
- Spread the icing over the top of the brownie and allow it to set before slicing into squares.
Used in this recipe
How we decorate ours
We decorated ours by piping melted chocolate in a simple diagonal across each brownie. With the pretty gold hue of the icing, you can let your creativity loose – sugar flowers, gold sugar balls and even edible flowers will ensure these brownies look the part in an afternoon tea setting.
Pair with fresh slices of mango and some fresh pomegranate seeds or even with strawberries, raspberries and fresh cream.