- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or wholegrain or granary bread if you prefer)
- 30 – 50g of mature or extra mature Cheddar cheese
- Geeta’s Premium Onion Chutney
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Grate the cheese using the side with the larger holes
- Divide the cheese between two slices of bread, placing it on the unbuttered side.
- Spoon a tablespoon of Geeta’s Premium Onion Chutney on top and cover with the second slice of bread, buttered side up – the buttered sides should now be on the outside of your sandwich
- Heat a frying pan until it is hot, then put the sandwich into the pan.
- Gently press the sandwich with the spatula, and cook for a few minutes on one side pressing from time to time, then flip it over and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the pan once the cheese inside has melted and the bread has a nice toasted brown colour.
Used in this recipe
Here’s How We Serve Ours
Simply cut into two and serve whilst hot and the cheese is nicely melted.