You may wonder why we're including a recipe for something so easy - but even the simplest of foods can be perfected! The combination of rich, mature cheddar, the slight vinegary flavours of sourdough bread and the sweet, spicy flavours of our Premium Mango Chutney takes this simple sandwich to new heights!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or wholegrain or granary bread if you prefer)
- 30 - 50g of mature or extra mature Cheddar cheese
- Geeta’s Premium Mango Chutney
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Grate the cheese using the side with the larger holes
- Divide the cheese between two slices of bread, placing it on the unbuttered side.
- Spoon a tablespoon of Geeta’s Premium Mango Chutney on top and cover with the second slice of bread, buttered side up - the buttered sides should now be on the outside of your sandwich
- Heat a frying pan until it is hot, then put the sandwich into the pan.
- Gently press the sandwich with the spatula, and cook for a few minutes on one side pressing from time to time, then flip it over and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the pan once the cheese inside has melted and the bread has a nice toasted brown colour.
Used in this recipe
Here’s How We Serve Ours
Simply cut into two and serve whilst hot and the cheese is nicely melted.