- Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- Serves 6
- V Vegetarian
Our new Roti Flatbreads will soon be available to buy, but in the meantime, you can use any plain or flavoured flatbread or naan bread to make these mini bites. They’re the ideal finger food to add the flavours of India to your next buffet spread.
4 Geeta’s Roti Flatbreads of your choice (or any Indian flatbreads or naan bread)
1 jar Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango chutney
120g hummus (we’ve used plain hummus, but you can choose a flavour to suit)
1 small red onion, finely sliced
½ pomegranate, seeds removed
Drizzle of olive oil
- Pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut each roti flatbread into 12 even size pieces – some of your pieces will have rounded edges, but that’s fine.
- Place the pieces on a greased baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and grill them until crisp, taking care not to burn them.
- Remove from the grill and place them onto your serving platter.
- Finely spread each one with a half teaspoon of chutney and add a dollop of hummus.
- Decorated with slices of red onion and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Experiment with flavour
Once mastered, you can let your imagination run wild! Using hummus makes this recipe suitable for vegans, but if you don’t need to cater to plant-based diets, you can top them with chutney and cream cheese, little slices of chicken or even a cooked prawn.
For a spicier eat, try one of our chilli chutneys such as Mango & Chilli or Lime & Chilli. The combinations are infinitely versatile!