The real flavour of India
Tikka Spice Mix
A delicious blend of spices from the North Indian region of Punjab creates an exquisite marinade for meats and fish.
Product of India.
Shopping List (Serves 4):
4 Chicken breasts, cut into goujons
4 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
Red Onion, cut into rings for garnish
- Extract juice from half the lemon and cut remaining half into wedges.
- Stir spice mix into yoghurt with oil and lemon juice.
- Add chicken pieces and marinade for 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Place on ovenproof tray and cover with excess marinade.
- Oven cook, grill or barbeque for 15 – 20mins, turning occasionally.
- Garnish with red onion rings and lemon wedges.
Keep in a cool place. Best consumed by the Best Before Date clearly shown.
Paprika, Salt, Dried Garlic, Roasted Coriander (9%), Turmeric, Dried Mint, Dried Ginger, Roasted Cumin, Cardamom (3%), Dried Lemon Juice, Chilli (2%), Fenugreek, Ajwain Seeds, Mace, Nutmeg, Dried Coriander Leaf, Black Pepper, Clove, Cinnamon, Black Cumin, Bay.
Made in a factory where nuts and sesame seeds are used.
|of which saturates||<0.1|
|of which sugars||0.5|
BBQ Chicken Tikka
A delicious dry and spicy starter – perfect for serving with your favourite Geeta’s chutney.
- 4 chicken breasts or 6 to 8 chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt (200g)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 packet Geeta’s Tikka Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- 1/2 lemon
- cut into wedges for serving
- Red onion, cut into rings
- Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 strips/goujons. If using wings leave whole.
- Mix the contents of Geeta’s Tikka Spice Mix with the yoghurt, oil & lemon juice.
- Add the chicken strips & marinate for 2 hours (or preferably overnight). Marinate the wings whole.
- Oven cook or grill for 15-20mins.
- Serve with lemon wedges & red onion rings. Consider melted butter for serving too.
Try this using slices of paneer or large Portobello mushrooms chopped in large wedges or pieces of any white fish of your choice.