The real flavour of India
Premium Tamarind Chutney
Made with tamarind and jaggery and a blend of fine spices. This has a delicious sweet and tangy taste.
Product of India.
“Add the delicious taste of my chutney to any meal, bbq or snack for that great Indian flavour. Stir a dollop into your favourite beef or lamb stew to add that extra spicy ‘zing’.”
Jar and Lid are recyclable.
Keep in a cool place and refrigerate after opening. Best consumed by the Best Before Date clearly shown on the lid
Jaggery, Tamarind Pulp (38%), Salt, Cumin Powder, Chilli Powder, Dried Ginger, Acidity Regulator: Acetic Acid, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove.
Made in a factory that handles nuts.
|of which saturates||<0.01|
|of which sugars||61.3|
Tamarind Potato Salad
Potato Salad with Tamarind Chutney
- 750g/1lb 10oz new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 100g/4oz green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g/8oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 150ml/1/4pt mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Geeta’s Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 (225g) bag baby spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry with kitchen
- 100g/4oz frozen peas, thawed
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes;
cook for 15-20 mins until tender, adding the green beans for the final 8
mins of cooking. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain again; set aside to
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking; heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add
the mushrooms; fry for 5 mins, stirring, until golden and softened. Drain
on kitchen paper; set aside to cool.
- Place the mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the milk and Geeta’s tamarind
chutney; mix well to combine. Season generously with salt and freshly
ground black pepper. Stir in the mustard seeds. Add the potatoes, green
beans, mushrooms, spinach leaves and peas; mix well to coat in the
dressing. Transfer to a serving bowl to serve.