The real flavour of India
Spicy Tomato & Chilli Sauce
DIP, DRIZZLE, MARINADE OR STIR FRY
The famous street food of Chennai in the south of India has inspired this adventurous and infinitely versatile sauce. Much like the Madras sauce famous in the curry-houses of Britain, ours is made with tomatoes, tamarind, onion, garlic and roasted cumin, with plenty of red chilli flakes for extra spice.
Let loose your imagination and use it to: dip with pappadums, samosas, chips or nachos; drizzle over as you would a ketchup, sauce or dressing; marinade meat, paneer or tofu before grilling or baking, or add to a stir fry for extra zing.
Load some skewers with chicken, onion and red pepper pieces, coat with sauce and bake in the oven until the meat is cooked.
Jar and Lid are recyclable.
Store in a cool, dark place. Once opened, refrigerate & consume within 6 weeks.
Water, Tomatoes (20%), Tomato Paste Concentrate (14%), Jaggery, Tamarind Pulp, Onion Purée, Garlic Purée, Spirit Vinegar, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Cornflour, Ground Chilli (0.7%), Roasted Cumin Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Red Chilli Flakes (0.2%), Turmeric.
For Allergens See Products In Bold.
Made in a factory that handles nuts.
|of which saturates||0.1g|
|of which sugars||13.5g|
Madras Tomato & Chilli Sauce
Tomato & Chilli Pan Fried Potatoes (Like Patatas Bravas)
- 300g new potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Geeta’s Madras Tomato & Chilli Sauce
- Par boil some new potatoes and slice in half
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan
- Add potatoes and salt to taste
- When potatoes are almost cooked add a very generous helping of Geeta’s Madras Tomato & Chilli Sauce (more than half a jar) and cook through
- Garnish with sliced red onions and chopped coriander
Makes a fabulous side dish.