- Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Serves 4
- V Vegetarian
Originally from Africa, tamarind trees have been cultivated in India for to long that they are almost considered to be indigenous. With its sticky, sweet and sour flavour, our Premium Tamarind Chutney brings plenty of flavour to this delightful salad dish.
• 750g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
• 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
• 2 tbsp sunflower oil
• 225g chestnut mushrooms, halved
• 150ml mayonnaise
• 3 tbsp milk
• 2 tbsp Geeta’s Premium Tamarind Chutney
• 1 tbsp mustard seeds
• 225g baby spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry with kitchen paper
• 100g frozen peas, thawed
1. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for 15-20 mins until tender, adding the green beans for the final 8 mins of cooking.
3. Drain and then rinse under cold water. Drain again and set aside to cool completely.
4. Whilst the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms. Fry for 5 mins until golden and softened. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside to cool.
5. Put the mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the milk and chutney and mix well to combine.
6. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the mustard seeds.
7. Add the potatoes, green beans, mushrooms, spinach leaves and peas and mix well to coat in the dressing.
Here's How We Serve Ours
Enjoy this dish on its own or serve with cooked chicken, prawns, ham, pancetta or tuna steaks for a light meal.