- Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Serves 6
- V Vegetarian
Like many of the best Indian restaurants, we love to show how the real flavours of India can be used to add a little twist to everyday favourites. The tangy flavour of tamarind, with jaggery, ginger, chilli and aromatic spices in our chutney, combine with the rich and creamy Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses for a delicious snack that looks just as good on a buffet table as it does with your everyday lunch.
2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
100g freshly grated Parmesan cheese (use a vegetarian version if needed)
100g grated Cheddar cheese
½ jar of Geeta’s Premium Tamarind Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Roll out each sheet of the puff pastry to approx 25cm by 30cm.
- Stir the chutney in the jar to ensure it’s well mixed and spread it evenly over the surface of the puff pastry
- Sprinkle each puff pastry sheet evenly with the Parmesan and Cheddar cheese.
- Using a rolling pin, lightly press the cheeses and chutney into the puff pastry.
- Using a pizza wheel or large chef’s knife, cut each piece into 2cm strips.
- Twist each strip and then lay them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, until puffy.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature on the same day.
How We Serve Ours
These cheese twists are so versatile – they’re delicious munched just on their own, but you can dip them into a warming tomato soup, hummus or guacamole dip or enjoy with a salad platter.