- Prep 10 mins
Cook 120 mins
- Serves 6
When it comes to alfresco dining, what could be more of a crowd-pleaser than a plate of sticky spare ribs? Our recipe has coke (yes, the brown fizzy stuff), but the secret ingredients are our Premium Tamarind Chutney and Spicy Tomato & Chilli Sauce for a sweet, tangy, spicy flavour.
- 1 rack of pork ribs
- 1 litre bottle Coca Cola, Pepsi or similar (not the diet versions)
- Handful of toasted sesame seeds
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Handful spring onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- Geeta’s Premium Tamarind Chutney
- Geeta’s Spicy Tomato & Chilli Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 140C / 120C fan / gas mark 1
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan and cover with Coca Cola
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 2-3 hours in the oven until very tender
- Remove the ribs from the oven, drain off the cooking juices and leave to cool.
- Create a 50:50 marinade using the Geeta’s Premium Tamarind Chutney and Geeta’s Spicy Tomato & Chilli Sauce
- Spoon over the ribs and mix until they are thoroughly coated
- Pop them on the BBQ or on a hot grill, basting with more marinade as you go to keep them sticky and moist, ensuring that they are heated through
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onion, add a squeeze of lime and garnish with fresh torn coriander
How We Enjoy Ours
You’ll get plenty of flavours simply by cooking these on the day, but if you really want the flavours to permeate into the meat, we suggest leaving them to marinate overnight in a covered bowl in the fridge.
Serve with wraps or pitta (to help keep hands clean) and homemade slaw.