- Prep 90 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Serves 4
Mention Indian cuisine and most people will have heard of chicken tikka masala – perhaps one of the most popular dishes in the UK. But there’s more to this classic recipe than the average experience would suggest. The garlic, roasted spices, ginger and chilli used to make our Tikka Spice Marindae are colourful and aromatic and, with the imaginative addition of the chutney, they deliver a dish packed full of flavour.
4 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
1kg of chicken thighs
1 sachet Geeta’s Tikka Spice Marinade
1 jar of Geeta’s Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney
- Mix together the oil, yoghurt and spice marinade in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs and coat thoroughly. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge or for at least 60 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas mark 7.
- Place the chicken thighs on a roasting tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until they are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and coat with the chutney.
- Place them under a pre-heated grill until they are browned.
How We Serve Ours
This is a dish that deserves to be kept simple. We like to sprinkle it with slices of red chilli, a handful of freshly chopped coriander and some lime wedges. For a final flourish and a jewelled look, add some fresh pomegranate seeds and serve on a bed of basmati rice.