- Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Serves 4-6
- V Vegetarian
Paneer is an Indian cheese which has been a feature of the cuisine for centuries. It’s used to make a wide variety of vegetarian dishes from savoury to sweet. In this recipe, the slightly tart flavour of the paneer is married with the sweet and spicy notes in our chutney and a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
• 200g paneer
• 4 tbsp Geeta’s Premium Mango Chutney
• 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
• 10 sheets filo pastry, thawed if frozen
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• Lime cut into wedges
• Fresh sliced chilli to garnish
• Your choice of Geeta’s chutney
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6.
2. Mix together the paneer, Geeta’s Premium Mango Chutney and coriander in a large bowl.
3. Take a filo pastry sheet and spoon 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture into one corner over the diagonal mid point
4. From the opposite corner, fold the pastry over the mixture to form a triangle. Press the edges together and trim away any excess
5. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry sheets
6. Place the triangles on a baking tray and lightly brush each one with a little oil.
7. Bake for 12 – 15 mins until pale golden and crisp.
8. Serve warm sprinkled with fresh chilli slices, lime wedges and Geeta’s chutneys to dip.
Once Mastered The Possibilities Are Endless
The wonderful thing with these filo parcels is that once you’ve mastered the technique, the sky’s the limit when it comes to experimenting with different fillings. We particularly like creamy goat’s cheese with a dollop of our Premium Pomegranate & Mango Chutney or cooked lamb mince with our Premium Tamarind Chutney.