- Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Serves 8
Constance Spry and Rosemary Hume are credited with creating this dish of cold chicken and a curry cream sauce for Queen Elizabeth’s II coronation banquet. Since then, it’s been known simply as Coronation Chicken and has become a classic for many a summer tea party.
For the Coronation Chicken
• 65g mayonnaise
• 50g crème fraîche
• 90g Geeta’s Premium Mango Chutney
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 400g cooked and refrigerated chicken breasts, cut into cubes
• 50g finely chopped cashews or walnuts
For the Sandwich
• Submarine roll or baguette, cut in half
• Butter or other spread of your choice
• Baby green leaves such as lambs lettuce
• Coronation chicken mix
1. Combine the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, Geeta’s Premium Mango chutney and curry powder thoroughly in a bowl, then gently mix in the chicken and nuts.
2. If making ahead, you can store the mixture overnight in an airtight container in the fridge.
1. Spread the roll with your spread of choice
2. Spread the coronation chicken on as thickly as you like
3. Dress with green leaves and garnish with chopped coriander
4. Cut diagonally and serve