A hugely popular dish from the North Indian region of Punjab, well known for its tantalising red hue, making it a feast for the eyes as well as for the taste buds, Geeta’s Tandoori Spice Marinade is super versatile and here it’s used to give roast potatoes some pep.
- 800g new potatoes
- 1 pack of Geeta’s Tandoori Spice Marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of spring onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 230C / 210C fan / gas mark 8
- Parboil the potatoes, drain and pat dry
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle to coat with Geeta’s Tandoori Spice Marinade
- Spread onto a baking tray and roast for 40 minutes
- Add chopped spring onions 5 minutes before the end of roasting.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice, coriander, and sliced chilli in a serving dish – retain a few slices of coriander and chilli for garnish
- Add the potatoes and toss the mixture together and garnish with fresh coriander and chilli slices
Used in this recipe
How we enjoy ours
Delicious straight from the oven or served warm with a salad alfresco. If you’re not catering for vegans, then you can dollop the potatoes with a generous portion of thick, plain yoghurt or, if you are, mix them with some cashew nuts.