- Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Serves 4
- V Vegetarian
Paneer is a mild Indian cheese which holds its shape whilst cooking and soaks up the flavour of the spices which makes it ideal for vegetarian recipes. You won’t need to marinade for too long either, which makes this dish even more appealing when you’re short on time. It’s easy to turn into a chicken or prawn dish if you prefer, simply swap the paneer for cubes of chicken or fresh, raw prawns.
• 500g paneer cut into large cubes
• 4 tbsp vegetable oil
• 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
• 1 lemon
• 1 onion cut into eighths
• 1 pepper of your choice (red, yellow or orange), core removed and cut into large pieces
• Small pack of cherry tomatoes
• 1 pack Geeta’s Tikka Spice Marinade
• Kebab sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 160 fan / gas mark 4.
2. Soak the kebab sticks in water.
3. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one half into a bowl
4. Stir in the spice marinade, yoghurt and oil
5. Add the paneer cubes, mix to coat well and leave to marinade for 10 minutes
6. Load the paneer, onion and pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the kebab sticks (1 or 2 per person depending on their length)
7. Place kebabs on a baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes until cooked
Here's How We Serve Ours
Either keep the kebabs loaded or slide the paneer and veggies onto a wrap with a few spoons of Chana Masala. Garnish with lemon wedges cut from the remaining half of the lemon.