- Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Serves 2
Tikka is a popular dish in India and traditionally consists of small pieces of boneless chicken baked using skewers on a brazier or ‘angeethi’ after marinating in spices and yoghurt. We recommend that you marinate the chicken for at least two hours, and preferably overnight, to allow the complex flavours of the spices to soak into the meat.
• 4 chicken breasts or 6 to 8 chicken wings
• 4 tbsp yoghurt (200g)
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 pack Geeta’s Tikka Marinade Spice Mix
• 1 lemon
• Chopped coriander
• ½ red onion, sliced
1. Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 strips/goujons. If using wings leave whole.
2. Extract juice from half the lemon into a bowl and store the other half in the fridge.
3. Add the spice mix, yoghurt and oil and stir together.
4. Add the chicken strips or chicken wings and marinade for 2 hours (or preferably overnight).
5. Heat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6 or bring the grill or BBQ to temperature
6. Cook 15 – 20mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
Here's How We Serve Ours
Cut the other half of the lemon into wedges. Garnish the chicken with chopped coriander, red onion rings and lemon wedges. Serve with naans, rice or wraps and your favourite Geeta’s chutney or pickle.